Diary writing is a very good and exciting activity but many people do not know how to write a diary. If you are one of these people who find it difficult to write a diary, then this post is the best for you. There may be other posts on the internet written by others detailing diary writing, but we will tell all about diary writing and diary writing format in detail with samples and examples.
Every individual has his own particular method for keeping a diary. The vast majority of the general population use diaries as a spot to record their day-by-day experiences and exercises. Diary writing is an individual sort of composing where an individual keeps a diary to compose about his/her own life or a circumstance. It tends to be composed in any language as indicated by the solace of the essayist, regardless of whether English or Spanish. Journal composition is a drawn-out structure of composing. It can be composed in any language as per the solace of the writer, regardless of whether English or Hindi. A diary entry can be founded on an experience, a scene, a portrayal or delineation of a specific occasion, or some other thing or development that the essayist thinks about worth composing in his own diary.
Diary writing is a good activity both, for those who have creative abilities and even for those who just want to vent out their feelings when they are feeling lonely or depressed. It is also a good activity to look back at the life and analyze yourself based on your past. The quality of Diary writing depends on the creativity, imagination, and expression of the person.
Here are a few reasons why you should begin diary writing:
- Journal writing helps in improving language and articulation since we must be precise while expressing ourselves on paper.
- It encourages you build up an association with yourself as it helps in finding your true self by investigating your thoughts
- It causes you to be more sorted out and productive in our lives as it helps in recognizing the reasons that are driving us towards progress
- Journal writing assists with working through your sentiments and issues as it lightens pressure and nervousness brought about by various issues throughout everyday life.
- It tends to be an incredible unwinding apparatus as it can assist us with getting away from our regular daily existences for some time
- Diary journal composing opens new roads for innovativeness.
Regardless of the way that there are no set norms or rules for composing a diary there are a few highlights of Diary Writing that should have been followed to make Diary Writing more coordinated, imaginative, total, and intriguing. Furthermore, Diary Writing from the instructive perspective likewise requires some essential components to get passing imprints. These very highlights become should on the off chance that we are hoping to distribute our Diary later on as they make the work fascinating and adequate to the bigger crowd.
This article will highlight all these elements of diary writing making it easier for you to identify them in your own work as well as encourage you to follow them while writing your next diary entry or while developing an entire diary as part of your school/ college assignment/ project or just for fun
Here are some very essential perspectives that ought to be considered while composing a diary:
Perspective: It is constantly better to write in first individual viewpoint. This gives a personal touch to your diary and lifts its general intrigue.
Style: Informal writing style is more suitable for journal writing as it gives you a chance to freely express your emotions and musings without having any linguistic or compositional confinements.
Tone: The tone of journal entry relies upon the sort of occasion it records. It can be cheerful, tragic or impassive contingent upon your state of mind at the time you record it. For instance, if you are composing about an upbeat occasion then the tone should be happy and if you are covering some dismal news then it ought to be tragic in tone.
Suggested: Notice Writing
Diary Writing Format
When you’re composing your diary, compose what you need. While a few people want to keep their diaries private and just for themselves, others appreciate sharing theirs with others. In the event that you need to impart your diary to other people, consider making your own diary site.
To write a diary, all you require is an eagerness to compose. Anybody can do this regardless of whether they don’t think they have “composing ability” or consider themselves to be “a writer”. Start by sorting out what you need to write in your diary. A diary is an individual record, and the majority of the data contained in it will be about you and things that influence you. In any case, what would you like to expound on?
In the event that you don’t know, essentially begin composing and see where that leads. You may find as you begin writing that there are sure things that you need to expound on again and again. It can likewise be valuable to set a period limit in your initial composing meetings. Set an alert for 10 to 20 minutes and begin composing. At the point when the alert goes off, stop writing, regardless of whether you feel like your story isn’t finished or whether you feel like it was simply beginning to get fascinating! Try not to stress over spelling or language structure while composing your journal section – these can be altered later on the off chance.
Everybody should journal. It’s a way to get your thoughts out of your head and onto paper, where you can reflect on them later. Journaling can be anything from a simple five-minute “brain dump” to an hour of writing in-depth, thought-provoking entries. The only right way to journal is the way that works for you.
- The diary composing configuration includes a couple of apparently basic focuses that can be effectively trailed by even an amateur. The fundamental thing which you have to remember is that you should compose in your journal every day. Along these lines, you can create the propensity for journal composing and step by step, it will turn out to be progressively agreeable for you to compose. It will assist you with thinking and inspect your contemplations and emotions in detail with no unsettling influence.
- You need not stress over the formalities while composing a journal section. A decent diary composing contains the spot, the date, the day and even the hour of composing. Be that as it may, these are additionally discretionary. You can likewise include a little heading for your passage in the event that you wish to do as such. It is totally up to you.
- Other than these, there are no different rules or formalities associated with diary composing. You can uninhibitedly communicate your sentiments and perspectives without agonizing over some other components like language structure, spellings and so on.
- In any case, when you are going to lead diary composing activity in schools or colleges, at that point it is imperative to set up some significant rules beforehand. The style and tone are generally casual and individual.
Suggested: Notice Writing Format
Important Points for Diary Writing Format
When you decide to write a daily diary, first of all, you need to determine the purpose of writing it. It is clear that the main purpose is to write down your feelings and emotions. Therefore, make sure that your diary entries are always related to your feelings and emotions.
Always avoid any kind of negative thoughts in your daily journal entries. Write only positive thoughts and feelings in your diary. Keep in mind that you should be able to feel positive vibes while reading each entry in your diary. Avoid writing in a language that could be disturbing or even painful for anyone else. Always make sure that you are writing from the perspective of an innocent child or an adult person.
Samples of Diary Writing Format
We are going to write some samples of the diary writing format. It will help you to know how to write a diary entry in a diary writing format. Here is a diary writing format example for your reference.
19th Jan 2021 Monday 9 PM Dear Diary, Today I went to the market and bought some grocery items. I also went to a restaurant with some friends in the evening. But it was not a good experience. When we entered the restaurant, it was already full of people. So we had to wait for our turn. When they took us to our table, we found that it was very small and there was no space at all for keeping our handbags or other things. The service was very slow and unresponsive. We waited for one hour for our food to arrive and when it finally did, the food was of such poor quality that we preferred not eating it at all. The restaurant staff were rude as well and they did not pay much attention to what their customers wanted. They preferred staying near the kitchen rather than attending to their customers’ needs. Like other restaurants, this one too had a television set mounted on the wall which played music videos repeatedly throughout the time we were there. This continued even after we had finished eating despite us complaining about it to the manager of that restaurant who said that he would get it fixed but nothing actually happened. We went back home later and watched television for some time before going to bed as I felt exhausted from this bad experience in that restaurant today.
25th Feb 2022 Sunday 10 PM Dear Diary, Today is a special day for me. I have been selected in the football team of my school. I am sure that my school will win the football cup this year as we have many good players in our team. I am very happy today because I was chosen to be the captain of our team. My coach Mr. James told me that he had chosen me as I am a good player. He said that I should try to improve myself further and make the whole team play well with the help of other good players in the team. I was very excited when I received my new kit and wore it on my body. The kit looked very nice on me and it made me feel like a professional player already. Our first match will be held next week and we will have to practice hard from now onwards. I went home after school today and immediately started practicing with a ball in front of my house itself. My mother did not like it when she saw me playing there but I told her about being selected in the school football team and she allowed me to play for some time more.
15th July 2022 Friday 8 PM Dear Diary, Today I got up early in the morning. My uncle and aunt are due to arrive at 9:30 a.m. by the Bangalore Express. I got ready fast and left home along with my dad at 7:00 a.m. We reached the railway station at 8:45 a.m. The train arrived 10 minutes late at 10 a.m. My uncle and aunt had already spotted us among the crowd waiting for them on platform no. 3 of the railway station. They were very happy to see us after such a long time! We took a taxi from the railway station and went home directly, where mom was waiting for us with breakfast prepared for all of us together!
Diary Writing Topics
Sometimes, it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with Diary Writing Topics. It is not easy to think about what you want to write about on a day-to-day basis. Many students find that this task is too overwhelming for them, so they do not even try to write.
This can be especially true if you have never kept a diary before. You may feel like you do not have anything worth writing about. However, that should never stop you from trying. Even if you only write down the events of the day and your thoughts, this is a great way to practice your skills and keep yourself interested in learning more about writing.
If you are stuck on what to write about, there are many ways to get started. Here are some tips for finding topics for your diary:
- Write about your goals.
- Write a letter to someone who hurt you.
- Write about what you are thankful for.
- Write about a time when someone did something nice for you.
- Write about your favorite holiday, and why it is your favorite.
- Write about a person in history who inspires you, and why they inspire you.
- Tell about the best party you have ever been to, and why it was so much fun!
- Tell about a time when you experienced failure or rejection, and how it made you feel.
- Tell what the best pet would be, and why it would be the best pet to have in your home!
- Tell what your favorite subjects are in school, and why they are your favorites!
- Write about your favorite food
- Write about your favorite music
- Write about your friends
- What are you doing this weekend?
- Do you like school? Why? Why not?
- What makes you mad? What makes you happy?
- Do you have a pet? Write about it!If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- The first day at school
- My birthday party
- My friends and I
- My summer vacation
- The most embarrassing moment in my life
- A visit to a hill station
- A rainy day In my life/ The worst rainy day of my life
- My dream job
- An accident that I witnessed on the road/ in the market etc.
Also if you want to write an essay or diary then you can also use How To Start Diary Writing? Top Tips For New Diary writers
Suman(Kul Prasad) Pandit is a graduate from Tribhuvan University with four-year experience in corporate and start-up sectors in UK and USA. Being a responsible & sustainable business enthusiast he is dedicated to business education to solve problems in entrepreneurship and business growth.