ssc mts exam
The acronym SSC MTS is described in the full form as Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking Staff. A national level exam is conducted for the recruitment of the candidates by SSC known as SSC MTS exam. The candidates which are recruited in the multi-tasking staff by SSC are provided with a payment between (INR 5,200-20,200) included with Grade pay of INR 1,800. The next SSC MTS exam will be conducted on 6 November at the respective exam centers in the offline mode. The SSC has reduced the time limit from 45 minutes to 30 minutes for the next SSC MTS exam. The SSC MTS exam is basically conducted to recruit the candidates for the below posts-
- Junior Gestetner Operator
SSC MTS Salary Overview:
The most basic and major questions of the candidates applying for SSC MTS jobs is the SSC MTS salary and also the additional allowances offered to the employees as this is a government job.The candidates which are qualified will get some additional benefits under the SSC MTS jobs. Given below are some allowances provided to the candidates.
- Post Retirement Benefit- Provident fund, Gratuity, Salary arrears etc are some benefits provided under this retirement benefit to the retired employees.
- Medical benefits- The employees working at SSC MTS jobs including their families are provided with medical coverage as a medical benefit.
- Pension scheme- This is similar to other govt pension schemes which are provided to employees.
The SSC MTS salary basically depends on the categories of the cities in which the employees are working. The categories for cities for the SSC MTS jobs are X cities, Y cities and Z cities.
The table below provides the information including SSC MTS salary per month and the Salary in hand for X, Y, Z categories cities.
|SSC MTS Pay||City X||City Y||City Z|
|Per month Salary||INR 30,749||INR 28,949||INR 27,149|
|Basic pay||INR 18,000||INR 18,000||INR 18,000|
|In Hand Salary||INR 28,111||INR 26,311||INR 24,511|
SSC MTS Promotional and Annual Increments
There are two basic increments provided in SSC MTS jobs which are –
Some Departmental exams are organized for the promotion of the employees working in the government offices of different ministries. During the promotion the SSC MTS grade pay which is attached to posts with different levels with the static running pay band varies.
These are the increments which are provided annually and are paid at the rate of 3% of the total pay in the SSC MTS pay band and the grade pay.
SSC MTS Deductions :
There are some basic deductions in SSC MTS salaries as any other jobs the major deductions in SSC MTS salary are provided below –
- CGHS: This is central Government Health Scheme
- GPF: This deduction is General provident Fund
- CGEGIS: This is a type of insurance scheme,Central Government Employees General Insurance Scheme
Candidates can check the table below for the detailed information regarding the deduction in different schemes
|City Categories||X city||Y city||Z city|
|Total salary||INR 30,749||INR 28,949||INR 27,149|
|Profession Tax||INR 416||INR 416||INR 416|
|NPS||INR 2,358||INR 2,358||INR 2,358|
|CGEGIS||INR 30||INR 30||INR 30|
|Salary Deduction||INR 2,638||INR 2,638||INR 2,638|
|SSC CHSL Salary in hand||INR 28,111||INR 26,311||INR 24,511|
Job Profile In SSC MTS
The duties and responsibilities that comes under SSC MTS job profile are-
- General cleanliness and maintenance of unit
- Sending of fax and xerox work etc
- Physical maintenance of records of a section
- Carrying files and other documents within the building
- Ward and watch duties
- Delivering of Dak sometimes outside the building
- Assisting office work in routine as a diary etc
- Cleaning of rooms
- Closing and opening of rooms
- Removal of dust from furniture etc
- Cleaning of areas in building etc
- Work assigned by some senior authority
- ITI related work if he hold the degree
- If the candidates has a driving license than he can get a work of driving the vehicle
- Care of lawns, parks etc
Salary after five years SSC MTS jobs
This is the most basic question in the mind of any candidate , what will be their salary after 5 years of their service in an SSC MTS job.The promotion for the multitasking staff is fixed to a certain limited hike. In an SSC MTS carrier an employee can get a maximum of 4 promotions. The below table has the information regarding the
|SSC MTS promotions||Increment amount|
|First promotion||INR 1,900|
|Second promotion||INR 2,000|
|Third promotion||INR 2,400|
|Fourth promotion||Continues up to INR 5,400|