Writing a notice that follows the notice writing format is not an easy task. Writing notice becomes tough because of its format, length, other terms & conditions, etc. It’s time-consuming if you don’t use it right away. So We have covered everything you need to know about notice writing, notice writing format, and how to write the best notice in this post. Keep Reading 🙂
What is Notice Writing?
Notice writing is the formal letter to display information about government and private organizations. This notice is provided by the authority to inform the public about any issue, such as policy changes, new rules or regulations, important announcements, etc.
Notice writing is an official letter and it should be written in a formal manner. The notice should also be brief and clear. It should contain only relevant information to avoid confusion among readers.
Types of Notice Writing
Notice Writing can be divided into four categories.
- Legislative Notices: These are based on the legislative acts of parliament or any other regulatory body. They are published in order to make the people aware of the upcoming legislation or regulation related to them.
- General Notices: These are issued by a variety of authorities and organizations such as the police, army, court, etc. General notices are very important in terms of providing information about various events, activities, and happenings related to these authorities and organizations. These notices are also known as Announcements. These are announcements about events, meetings, courses, and similar activities. They are usually made in advance by sending out an e-mail or inviting people through social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
- Auction notices: These are used for selling off property that is being auctioned off for non-payment of taxes etc. Auctions are usually held at government buildings where potential buyers can view items for sale before making an offer for purchase.
- Emergency notices: These are issued when there is an emergency situation such as floods, earthquakes, and other natural disasters that require immediate action from people living near the affected area so that they can take necessary precautions to protect themselves from harm or even death.
Importances of Notice Writing
Notice writing is an important skill and it is common for most of us to write notices on a daily basis. Notice writing can be defined as the process of sending out messages or notifications to the people who may be interested in the same. A notice may be written on any topic, but it is mostly used for informing the readers about important events, meetings, promotions, and other information that may be useful for them.
Below are some of the benefits of notice writing:
- Notice Writing Helps in Boosting Communication: Notice writing is an effective way of communicating with people at different levels within the organization. This helps in boosting communication between different departments within an organization or between two organizations as well. Notices are often put up on notice boards which are located in public places so that everyone can access them easily and read them at their convenience. Notices help people know about important events taking place at their workplace or even outside their workplaces as well.
- Notice Writing Helps in Increasing Awareness: When you write a notice, it means that you are putting your thoughts on paper. You can express your views and share information with others through writing. By doing so, you will be able to increase awareness about different things. It also helps in promoting a message or idea among people.
- Notice Writing Helps in Creating Interest: Writing a notice can help in creating interest among people about something that is important to them. For example, if you want to inform people about an upcoming event or something that is going to happen soon, then writing a notice is the best way to do it. This will help you in creating interest among people and make them know more about what is going on around them.
- Notice Writing Helps in Improving Quality of Products or Services: The quality of products and services depends on various factors like material used, proper packaging, and the transportation system used for shipping goods from one place to another. All these things can be clearly explained by using proper notice writing techniques so that customers know exactly what they are buying from you.
- Notice Writing Helps in Maintaining Good Relations with Customers: The main purpose of writing notices is to inform customers about various aspects related to their purchase so that they are satisfied with their purchase and continue buying from you again and again without any problems. This makes them loyal customers who keep coming back to your shop or website every time they need something similar again.
- Notice Writing Helps in Creating a Positive Image: The notice which is written by an employer needs to be positive so that it can create a positive image of the company in front of the employee. If there is any negative statement or feedback included in the notice then it might create problems for the company as well as for the employee at a later stage. It should be kept in mind that such things should not happen because they might lead to an awkward situation for both parties involved in this matter.
- Notice Writing Helps in Keeping Record of Events: If you want to keep track of certain events that happen in your office on regular basis, then you can do so by writing a notice and placing it on the notice board inside the office premises where all employees can see it easily. This way, everyone knows what is happening around them and they are aware of the latest developments taking place at their workplace.
- Notice Writing Helps in Communicating New Rules and Regulations: When there are new rules or regulations which need to be followed by all employees working in an organization, then these rules should be communicated properly through notices so that everyone becomes aware of them and follows them accordingly.
How to write a Notice?
The most important thing to remember when writing a notice is that it must be clear and concise. Use bullet points to highlight the main points of your letter, and keep your sentences short and to the point.
If you have been given cause to write a notice, it’s likely that your relationship with the person has ended. You may feel angry, but try not to let those feelings spill into your letter. If possible, avoid using negative words like “never” or “no.” Instead, use positive language that focuses on what they will do instead of what they have done wrong.
Be polite and professional when writing a notice. Whether you are giving notice at work or letting someone know that their service is no longer required by your company, be polite and avoid making accusations against them.
Tips to Write a Notice
Here are some tips for how to write a notice:
- Adhere to the specified word limit of 50 words: You should not exceed the number of words specified in the guidelines. If there is no specified word limit, then make sure that your notice does not exceed 200 words.
- Write the word NOTICE at the top: It is very important that you write this at the top of your document so that everyone knows what they are reading.
- Name and place of the school, organization, or office issuing the notice should be mentioned: This should be written at the top of your document as well as at the bottom so that everyone can see who has issued it and where it was issued from.
- Give an appropriate heading: If there is no specific heading given by your company or school then give one yourself but make sure that it is relevant to what you are writing about in your notice e.g “Notice for leave”, or “Notice for absence”.
- Write the date of issuing the notice: A notice should clearly mention when it was issued so that there are no doubts in anyone’s mind about when they should start following the instructions mentioned in it.
- Clearly mention the target group (for whom the notice is to be displayed): The target group must be mentioned clearly on all notices so that only those people who need to follow it know about it and take appropriate steps accordingly.
- Purpose of the notice: The purpose of any notice is to inform someone about something. The notice can be written to inform of anything that you want, such as an upcoming event or activity. It can also be used to inform someone about something they need to do or not do.
- Mention all the relevant details (date, venue, time): When writing a notice, it is important that you mention all the relevant details in order to avoid confusion and misunderstanding. The notice should contain all the necessary information that is required by the receiver in order to understand what message you are trying to convey through writing it. This includes the date, venue, time of activity or event, etc.
- Signature, name, and designation of the person issuing the notice: It is essential for a good quality notice that it has the signature and name of the person issuing it at the bottom of it so that receiver knows who exactly sent him this information and from where he can contact if he has any questions regarding this matter. Also putting signature and name helps us keep track of whom we have already informed about this matter so we know whether there are any more people left who haven’t been informed yet which may result in making mistake by sending the same thing twice!
- Put the notice in a box: Placing a notice inside a box makes it more appealing as compared to just handing over a piece of paper with writing on it to someone else. It also helps highlight how important this particular letter is by making it stand out from others which may appear as simple pieces of paper without any markings on them.
Notice Writing Format
Notice writing is the process of giving notice to someone with respect to any issue. The notice is written in such a manner that it becomes easy for the person receiving it to understand. A notice can be written on various topics like formal or informal, official or non-official, and so on.
A notice format is a set of rules and guidelines that are followed while writing a notice. There are many formats available for notices and most of them are used by businesses and organizations. But, the most commonly used one is the letter format as it is easy to use and understand by everyone.
The format of a notice can be a bit tricky, as it depends on the type of notice you’re writing. However, if you’re writing a basic notice, Like Diary Writing Format, there are some basic guidelines that you can follow to make sure your notice is clear and easy to read.
- Name of the issuing agency (school, etc) – The name of your company or school should be clearly stated in the header.
- Date of issue/release of the notice – The date on which your company or school issued this notice should also be mentioned.
- Title/Subject of the Event (what?) – The title of your event is also known as ‘caption’ and it describes what is being advertised. For example, if you are organizing a seminar then its subject will be “Seminar on Mathematics” while if you are conducting interviews then its subject will be “Interview for Positions”.
- BODY-Date/time/duration/Place/Venue (when and where?) – Next comes the body section where you can describe your event in detail. It should include the date, time, and duration of the event along with venue address details like city name, street address, cross streets, etc. In this portion, mention everything that you want to convey to your readers in a very detailed manner. There is no restriction on how much you can write here. You can either write one long paragraph or use bullet points to make the note more interesting for readers. But make sure that your content is easy to understand by everyone who reads it.
- Contact details: Include all your contact information such as phone number and email address so that people can reach out easily if they need any help from you regarding this event or anything else related to it.
Sample Notice Writing Format
|Name of the issuing Company / corporation / institution|
Topic / Heading / Subject
Write the Body Content ……………………………………………………………………….………………
Examples of Notice Writing Format
19th May 2023
Blood Donation Camp
The OPD is hosting Blood Donation Camp on April 26, 202X, at the Minnesota Historical Society building from 10 am. Certified physicians and registered nurses are available here for service. Individuals aged 22 and below who are greater than 55 can play a role in the alliance’s generosity for the cause.
|Delhi Public School|
19th March 2022
Change School Timing
Please be advised that as a result of the start of spring, after-school activities will take place from 4 am to 12 pm, from 5 pm to 4 pm, and from 2 March until the end of the academic year. All students have to be at the location from 2 March onward. Those coming from out of area shall come on time.
|Nagraj High School|
19th May 2023
Old Sports Sale
This advisement attempts to notify all the students of the school that the Sports Authority has set a session for the sell-off of discontinued sports products at a very affordable price. Each student can sell their old sports goods by March 20, 2020.
Head of Sport Department
19th May 2023
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
To inform the pupils that our school will publish its annual magazine next month, we’re posting this message. Any student who wishes to contribute can send their contributions to the magazine to firstname.lastname@example.org by March at the very least up until March 30,2019 till 11:59 pm. The aim of this magazine is for students to share any thoughts they’ve formed during the year. If you have any concerns, consult your teacher.
Head of Publication
Important Points of Notice Writing Format
The notice writing format should be followed strictly so that it can be effective in conveying the message to the receiver. Here are some important points to be kept in mind while writing a notice:
- Express the note in only 50 words or fewer to avoid academic cuts.
- Write the name of the organization issuing the notice at the top of the Notice.
- Put the word “Notice” in caps and in boldface where it belongs on the line.
- Provide a brief & appropriate heading or subject.
- Write pressing body content (Why write a notice).
- Do not rewrite the words.
- Always keep a note or written statement in a box.
- Decide to try the independent present tense and the future tense.
- Do not give your contact information in notices.
- Avoid words like I and you.
- Don’t use words like I and You.
Notice writing class 12
Notice writing is an important skill for students of Class 12. It helps them in getting more marks in their exams. It is a skill that can be developed by anyone and everyone. This lesson will introduce you to notice writing and its importance of it.
Writing notices is an essential part of the school curriculum. Students are expected to write notices for various occasions and events like birthdays, farewell parties, annual day celebrations etc. Notice writing is also an important skill for various competitive examinations like bank exams (SBI/IBPS) where candidates are required to write notices for interviews or other related events.
Notice writing format class 12
|Name of the issuing organization/institution|
Topic / Heading / Subject
Write the Body Content ……………………………………………………………………….…………
Marking Scheme of Notice Writing Format Class 12
Students will be awarded an average of 4 marks on CBSE class 12 report cards if you examine your tickets about the notice writing structure precisely, as indicated by the particular marking scheme below.
- Format: 1 Mark [Include: Name of the issuing organization/institution, the word ‘Notice,’ date, Topic / Heading / Subject, writer’s name, and Designation]
- Content: 2 Marks [Must answer the questions: what? Who? Whom? When? Where? How? etc.]
- Expression: 1 Mark [spellings, grammatical accuracy]
Example of Notice Writing Format for Class 12
Notice writing is a very important part of class 12. The notice writing contains a lot of important points to write in the notice. For example, if you want to inform your parents that you are going to meet your friend then you have to write the date, time and place of the meeting. If you want to inform your parents about any other thing then it will be easy for them to understand it if you write the matter in a clear way and also mention some important points in that notice.
So here we are providing some examples of notice writing format for class 12 students which they can use as a reference when they are writing their notices.
|G.D.G. Public School|
19th May 2023
Sale of Old Spoils Goods
Children are informed that our school is having a sale of its old sports equipment like cricket bats, badminton rackets, footballs, cricket and football equipment, etc. in the P.E. Room on 2K August, 2Oxx. Those interested in purchasing the sports products can attend the P.E. Room on the announced date during school hours or recess time.
Head of Department
29th Jan 2023
This is to notify all the people in the park that a plastic bag was found on February 27, around 6 am. It contains documents and cash. The color of it is red, and it’s medium-sized. It was found near one of the fountains in the park where all the folks were walking. You can contact me on 9399123456 anytime along with your identity proof. Thanks
Notice Writing Topics
A notice is a formal letter that is sent to all the people involved in an event. It is written by someone who has been appointed by a higher authority to inform others about something or to announce an event, an exhibition, or any other activity or occasion.
A notice can be written for various reasons. The format of notice writing remains the same in all cases. Here is a list of topics for notice writing that students must prepare:
An inauguration to take place: An inauguration is a big event where the new leader takes charge of his office or position as a prime minister, president, or any other leadership post. Students should write about this topic where they can give information about when and where the inauguration will happen and what it means for the country or community.
An exhibition: Exhibitions are meant to display something which can be anything from paintings and sculptures to books and movies. Students should describe this topic in detail and write about how it will be organized and how many people will be participating in it.
A blood donation camp to be held: Blood donation camps are organized for charity purposes where patients who need blood transfusion get their required amount of blood from volunteers. Students should describe how these camps are organized and how important they are for people who need them badly.
A competition: It may be an essay: writing competition or any other type of competition conducted by your school or college. The notice will include information such as the date, venue, and time of the event; rules and regulations; eligibility criteria; date of submission of the application form; name and address of a person in charge, etc.
An excursion trip: It may be an excursion trip organized by your school/college or any other organization. In such cases, you have to mention the date, time, venue, etc., along with other relevant details like the number of seats available; mode of payment, etc.
A lost and found notice: This type of notification is issued when some item has been lost or misplaced at someplace and the owner wants it back. You need to mention details like a description of the item (if possible), a description of its owner (if known), etc., in this kind of notice writing activity.
Change in school timings: This type of notice is generally issued when there are some changes in the school timings or there are some holidays or vacations coming up. This type of notice informs students about the same so that they can make necessary arrangements beforehand if needed.
Charity drives: There are various charity drives that take place in schools every year and these are usually announced through notices. Some schools also ask their students to donate money and other resources for charity purposes so that they can help people living below the poverty line.
Misplaced items: A misplaced item notice can be issued when somebody has lost any item belonging to him/her or if he/she does not find something he/she was looking for at home.
Cleanliness drives: These notices are sent out to the students and staff for maintaining a clean environment in the school campus. The notice can be issued by the principal or any other person in authority. It lets the teachers and students know about the importance of cleanliness and how they can contribute to it.
Plantation drives: The plantation drives are conducted by the school authority for planting trees and shrubs on campus. These trees are planted for environmental reasons as well as for the aesthetic value of the school campus. These plantation drives once again help enhance students’ awareness of nature and its importance in our lives.
Sports trials: Sports trials are conducted to select sportsmen/women who will represent their school at inter-school competitions or state-level competitions or national level competitions like Olympics etc., which will be held later on in the future (mostly after summer exams).
Cultural program: Students are expected to write a notice about their school’s cultural program. This topic can be given as an assignment to students of class 9th, 10th, and 11th. Students are free to choose any topic and write it in their own words. They should include all the information related to the event like date, time, venue, etc.
Various competitions: Students can also be given this topic as an assignment. In this case, they should write about various competitions being held in your school or college. Your essay must include dates, venue, and other details related to the competition such as type of competition, etc.
School excursions: Students are also expected to write essays on school excursions which take place once every year or two years depending upon your school’s policy. They should mention all details related to the excursion like date, time, etc.
Notice of Termination: A notice of termination is written when an employee is terminated from his/her job. It is written to inform the employee about his/her termination, the reasons for which he/she has been terminated and the date on which he/she will be terminated.
Notice of Default: A notice of default is written when a buyer does not pay off his/her loan amount on time or does not fulfill any other obligation towards the seller in time.
Notice of Eviction: A notice of eviction is written when a tenant fails to pay rent or violates any other clause in the rental agreement signed between him/her and the landlord. In this case, the landlord gives eviction notice to the tenant so that he/she vacates his house or apartment within the specified time period.
Notice for Appointment: This type of notice is used to inform the reader about an appointment date and time. It can also be used to inform about any event or meeting that is going to take place in the future.
Notice for Birthdays: A birthday card is the best way to express your feelings towards your loved ones, especially when they are far away from you. So, if you want to send a birthday card online, here is what we have got for you!
Notice to Vacate Premises: When you give the notice to vacate the premises, it means that you are giving your tenant notice to leave the property on or before a specified date. The notice must be clear and concise about your intentions. You can also mention the reason behind the eviction if any.
Notice for Increase in Rent: When you have decided to increase rent on your tenant, you have to give a proper notice stating the reason and amount of increase. If there is any dispute over this, it should be mentioned clearly in the notice as well as in any correspondence with your tenant.
Notice for Repairs: It is important that you keep a record of all repairs made by you or by your contractor at any time during the tenancy as per the agreement or contract between both parties. If there are certain damages caused by tenants during their stay at your property, then also you need to inform them in advance so that they can take necessary steps regarding it before moving out of your house/apartment/flat, etc.
Notice to the landlord regarding broken door lock: A notice to the landlord regarding a broken door lock is a formal letter written by one tenant/house owner to another informing him about a broken door lock and asking him to repair it at the earliest possible time. This type of notice is usually given when there is no response from the landlord after several reminders.
Notice to the landlord regarding leaking roof: Notice to the landlord regarding leaking roof is a formal letter written by one tenant/house owner to another informing him about the leaking roof and asking him to repair it at the earliest possible time. This type of notice is usually given when there is no response from the landlord after several reminders.
Notice to the landlord regarding overflowing sewage: Notice to the landlord regarding overflowing sewage is a formal letter written by one tenant/house owner to another informing him about overflowing sewage and asking him to repair it at the earliest possible time. This type of notice is usually given when there is no response from the landlord after several reminders.
What is a pseudonym in notice writing?
A pseudonym is a name that someone uses instead of their real name. This can be for a variety of reasons, such as to protect their privacy or to avoid getting into trouble. When writing a notice, it is important to use the correct name for the person or organization you are addressing. If you are not sure what to use, you can check the official government records or contact the person or organization directly.
What is the word limit of Notice Writing?
There is no specific word limit for notice writing, but it is generally recommended that notices be concise and to the point. Brevity is key when writing notices, as the goal is to provide clear and concise information that is easy to understand.
What is the purpose of notice?
The purpose of the notice is to give the other party advance warning of an event or action that will affect them. This allows them time to prepare and respond as necessary.
Which person is used in Notice writing?
The person used in notice writing is typically the person who is responsible for delivering the notice. This may be the sender of the notice, or it may be someone else who is authorized to deliver the notice on behalf of the sender.
How many types of notice are there?
There are several types of notice: public notice (or legal notice), actual notice, constructive notice, and implied notice.
In conclusion, notice writing is an important way for businesses and organizations to communicate with employees and so on. It can be used to provide information, announce changes, or request action from the reader. Notice writing can be formatted in a variety of ways, and there are many different types of notices. The most important thing to remember when writing a notice is to be clear and concise.
Suman(Kul Prasad) Pandit is a graduate from Tribhuvan University with four-year experience in corporate and start-up sectors in UK and USA. Being a responsible & sustainable business enthusiast he is dedicated to business education to solve problems in entrepreneurship and business growth.