Capitalism thrives on new and improved ways to spend money. From the latest iPhone, laptop, and smart watch trends to the newest beauty gadgets, there’s no shortage of new products that make your wallet sweat. Fortunately for you (and everyone else), most of these inventions are fads that will soon be replaced by another trend. But what about technological innovations that are actually useful. The humble electric toothbrush is one such invention with staying power. It can freshen your breath and whiten your teeth without requiring any special skills. But how does this contraption work? What are its advantages over manual brushes? Is it worth investing in one? Let’s find out!
How Does a Sonic Electric Toothbrush Work?
An Electric Smart Toothbrush is a mechanical device that delivers electrical impulses to your teeth. This is achieved with the help of a rotating head. The rotating head can be either a timer-based or a motion-based system. Motion-based systems use a small motor to rotate the bristles at a high speed. This high rotational speed is what gives these toothbrushes their “sonic” name. Timer-based systems rotate the head of the toothbrush at a much slower speed. While the rotation speed is much slower, these toothbrushes are just as effective in removing plaque.
Benefits of Using an Electric Toothbrush
- Brings Healthier, Whiter Teeth
- The rotating bristles of a Sonic Electric Toothbrush can remove more plaque than a manual brush. This helps prevent cavities and stained teeth
- No need to apply pressure during brushing
- A manual toothbrush requires that you apply pressure to your teeth. This can cause bleeding and will wear out your gums over time
- Lessens the chance of developing gum disease
- No pressure is required to clean your teeth with an electric toothbrush. This makes it easier to keep your gums healthy and toothbrush bristles are less abrasive than a manual brush
- You can brush for longer with an electric toothbrush since you don’t have to apply pressure. This helps you reach the back teeth, which are difficult to clean manually
Key Features to Look for When Shopping for an Electric Toothbrush
– Heads – You should replace your toothbrush heads every 3 months. This is because the bristles lose their effectiveness after a certain period of time. This can lead to poor dental health. – Battery Life – A toothbrush with a short battery life might be more annoying than beneficial. You want a toothbrush with a long battery life so you can brush your teeth whenever you want. – Automatic Timer – Let’s face it, we don’t all have the patience to brush our teeth for the recommended 2 minutes. An electric toothbrush with an automatic timer can help you develop better dental hygiene. – Modes – Some electric toothbrushes come with different brushing modes (e.g., whitening, massage, etc.). Having these modes makes brushing more enjoyable. – Brush Heads Fit Your Mouth – The toothbrush head should fit snugly inside your mouth. This ensures that all surfaces of your teeth are being cleaned properly but you should also have the knowledge of How many calories are in toothpaste. – Easy to Clean – You should clean your toothbrush after every use. You can do this by either rinsing the toothbrush in water or using an electric toothbrush cleaning station.
An electric toothbrush is a great investment for your dental health. It removes more plaque and bacteria than a manual toothbrush, and it can be used by people of all ages. It’s important to look for toothbrushes with the right brushing modes, a long battery life, and easy-to-clean heads.